I Froze My Nuts Off

The temperature was under ten degrees today. I walked across a wide open field to meet up with some guys who were erecting steel as the wind whipped across the terrain. My forehead, which is quite expansive, was aching with pain before I made it to the site foreman.

"What's up?" I asked.

He was looking around on the ground. "Don't move," he said. "I froze one of my nuts off."

We laughed, of course, but to be honest with you, as I spoke with him, I was actually searching the ground as if I might find that nut rolling around somewhere.

There was a guy standing beside him who exclaimed that he loved the cold temperatures. "The colder the better!" he yelled.

Could that be true?

Are there really people out there, who if given the choice would take 9 degrees with a wind chill that takes it below zero, to people who would rather have it 80 degrees with a light breeze blowing in to cool you off?

I doubt it. I think the guy who was yelling about how happy he was is full of crap. He was simply trying to show me and my poor buddy with the missing testicle that he was tougher than us.

I gave the guy a dismissive wave as I put my gloved hand to my ice cold forehead and two steps into the return trip to my car I heard a rather disconcerting crunch below my right foot.

Could it be?

I looked down to see a discarded pair of safety glasses that I had crunched with my step.

Thank God it wasn't that poor guys nut.

That would've made for a real long evening...for both of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie