Have Enough Money?

So, Matt had a plan. He put in his time at MattDonald's so that he could pay his car insurance through the summer. Once he had enough money saved....and I must admit he didn't spend even one thin dime...he quit. He was extremely proud of the fact that he will pay for that insurance without a problem.

"I hated that hellhole," he said by way of explanation when I asked him why he quit.

So, it was all figured out. It prompted me to tell my wife that I had enough money for awhile, I too wanted to quit.

"You don't have any money," she responded. "And I don't have enough."

So, I battled through. Throwing a jab here and there at Matt, but letting it slide. Good kid. Good grades. Helps out around here if he is threatened enough.

Well, lo and behold...he needed a muffler and the whole shot or so I'm told. (I don't know much about that crap).

$500 bill that he was ill-prepared to assist in the payment of.

You know how the bill will get paid?

Yes, the guy without the exit strategy is on the hook for the tab.

Thankfully we both didn't drag up at the same time, you know?

Not sure, but I may mention it to him this evening...

...but hell he is helping with the insurance, right?

Life seldom works out as planned, boy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty