Counting it Down

We have a calendar on our fridge where we write in our appointments on a monthly basis with a black marker, and a wet-erase board. Kathy is in charge of putting the month in order because her handwriting is so much better than the rest of us.

I distinctly recall the nuns beating the holy hell out of me because my penmanship sucked. And now everyone uses the computer. When was the last time you made a perfect cursive 'S'?

The nuns taught it for the simple reason that they could bash us over the head with something when we went outside the lines on the paper.

Anyway, Sam has recently been changing the days on the calendar to coincide with how many days there are left until all that shopping money officially goes out the window.

The only problem being that each night as Sam reduces the day count by one, he does it by wetting a rag, erasing the number, and then putting in the new number. The wet rag causes holy hell with the rest of the board, leaving smudges and words that are half-formed. Those nuns would have a shit-fit as we call it.

And it is also enough to drive a mentally-challenged, obsessive-compulsive, parental figure crazy. (Perhaps we are on to something...maybe the nuns made me crazy).

Why do things have to be so neat and orderly when the rest of the world is chaotic and willy-nilly?

Someone solve this for me.

Anyway...the other day....with Sam at my side, I looked at the smudges and the black streak of marker down the center...and you know what I did?

I laughed!

Perhaps we are on the verge of a breakthrough!

I laughed because he is so fired up about Christmas arriving, and truth be told, I am too.

He's excited. I'm excited.

10 more days.

Now off to practice my 'S's'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie