Snowed the Hell Out!

Sam was absolutely giddy last night. He kept looking out the window, talking about a five-day weekend. Not sure how he arrived at five days off of school, but he most certainly wouldn't be going on Thursday, and that was enough to make him act a little strange.

"Is he drunk?" Kathy asked at one point.

And they all headed outside to shovel. I'm not kidding! The 3 boys we need to check for their pulses from time-to-time thought it might be fun to shovel.

I looked out the window and Sam tossed a snowball at the glass. He then threw a half dozen snowballs at Jake and Matt as they shoveled. Kathy was thrilled to have to make them cups of hot chocolate for all the hard work they were doing.

Isn't that a kick in the head? They get hot chocolate...I bust my ass in it every day and not a mention...

(just kidding, I'm doing fine).

But I wasn't too excited about it. The winter weather advisory says there will be about 14 inches over the next twelve hours or so. This morning everything is closed -from the roads to the schools to every business.

The boys will sleep, play COD which stands for some sort of war game, and eat me out of house and home. I'm pretty sure that the novelty of shoveling the snow has worn thin and we may all adapt my philosophy on it...just wait until it melts.

Buffalo!

Why do people say it snows too much here?

Why are we defensive about how shitty it is from December through May?

Can't even see the house across the street right now...

...God's little time-out I suppose.

Enjoy it boys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty