X-Ray Vision

When I was a kid I remember asking my brothers if they'd rather be invisible or have X-ray vision.

I wished to be invisible because you could go anywhere you pleased, mess with people, take a bit of cash from the bank when you were short, eat things off other people's plates - ah, you can see the advantages.

I remember my brother saying that he'd rather have X-ray vision because he could look through women's clothes and see what's doing.

Well, my sources tell me that all you need for that particular super power is to become a working member of the TSA.

Yes, there will be X-ray machines installed at Kennedy and LaGuardia, and that the images they show are of the nude variety. The TSA member will glance at it on his computer screen, and finding no threat, will immediately delete the image.

Uh, yeah,right!

Now its not the images that they will certainly save in a secret folder - images of models and beauty queens - that concerns me. (Honestly, you're a TSA agent and Jessica Alba comes through - are you going to go, um,no weapons there...delete?)

I thought not.

No, the images that bug me are the ones of the gruesome looking people who come through that may be saved and posted on the 'net as a joke.

Have you been to your local amusement park lately? There are some big people, ugly people, and just plain strange looking people stuffed into bikini's, thongs, and tight-fitting clothes.

When your eyes drift to them,you're thankful for the small bit of clothes. The TSA agent won't have that luxury.

And he's going to save those pictures too. He'll use them to make fun of his buddies on his fantasy baseball league page, or to put other people's heads on them and hand them out at parties.

My other concern with this, of course, is that I may one day wind up in this saved batch of photos. I certainly won't go to the model pile.

Yet after reading the article, I felt a bit violated. Seriously, do you want some stranger looking at nude images of you as you cut through the X-ray?

Doesn't it sound a tad intrusive?

I'm going to file a petition. If they can have X-ray vision, we all should have it, or at least make us capable of being invisible.

I still haven't given up on my quest for a super power.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie