Chelsea & Gag

Feeling a little older today. My college roommate from my freshman year is 46 freaking years old and he let me know he needed a blog for his present from me.

So, Happy Birthday pal - a bottle of Jamesons will soon be in my possession courtesy of a nitwit betting against the 27-Time Defending World Champion Yankees in last year's World Series. Next time I see you, I'll give you some.

But what really made me feel old was to catch up on the wedding planned for Chelsea Clinton this weekend. She's thirty years old!

I remember her when she was about ten, right? She's grown before our very eyes, and through the years has sort of acted the right way. No drunken photos of her hanging around a bunch of Texas clubs.

Of course, the wedding will be a stately affair. I'm sure that none among us has ever attended such a shindig. Heads of States, entertainers, world leaders...they will all be there.

Hell, I even hear that Queen Oprah will be slopping down food at the buffet.

Yet there is also a bit of controversy as Chelsea's new father-in-law may not be able to attend because of past criminal activities. Wouldn't that exclude about six or seven of the Clinton's as well?

Wouldn't he have a lot in common with some of those alleged to have committed crimes during our salad years of the 90's?

Through the years I have had some different feelings for the Clinton clan. A total lack of respect in a couple of areas. Some feelings of tremendous respect in others.

A lot of comic relief as well.

One thing was absolutely certain though. Hillary and Bill could never deny their daughter. She looks like a mixture of the two, and she never really outgrew those looks. Now, I'm not mean-spirited. Some find her attractive. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful bride. I will refrain from saying whether I find her beautiful or not.

I will say, however, that my buddy Gag looks better at 46 than Chelsea at 30.

How much could you possibly put into the envelope at a wedding like that?

Comments

Gag said…
i'd luv 2 no wat he said.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie