Instant Karma

I'm writing this blog from the emergency room bed. I woke a little after 1 AM with pain so severe in my ankle that it was all I could do to tough it out long enough for Kathy to get a decent night of rest before driving me to the hospital.

Our last conversation before bed was that I shouldn't rush back to work. I, of course, disagreed. Guess that Kathy won another difference of opinion.

"God's telling you to slow down."

Ok, that might happen. And perhaps God is also sticking needles into a bobblehead doll made in my image. Perhaps I'm paying for the sins of Adam and Eve. Maybe God is asleep and dreaming all of this crap up.

I don't know much about good and bad karma. I refuse to believe that I have an inflamed or torn tendon because I swore when I four-putted a hole. Or because I had seventeen too many beers one night during college.

God isn't sitting up there with a ledger that he uses to balance things out, right? If that were the case only really bad people would suffer, right?

In any regard, I'm fairly happy with the loritab they gave me, but I honestly feel that some sort of break, some good fortune, is just around the bend.

Then again, I might be dead wrong about that. If there are wages for sins, I may not walk again for about six or seven years.

And I'm a good guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie