Just Watched Rhoda

Being laid up has sort of done wonders for me in the watching old television shows department.

As you can see by the title of the blog, I caught an episode of Rhoda today. Man, that show sucked. Carlton the doorman was all the rage back in the day, and Rhoda spent most of her time bitching about her ex,Joe, who always looked like something of a pimp to me.

Yet my television viewing wasn't confined to just the ex- Mary Tyler Moore star. I also got a chance to see three episodes of Three's Company, a couple of Married with Children, and a Bonanza.

A few questions:

1). Why did anyone ever watch Three's Company? The plot of all three shows was about a misunderstanding that got everyone in hot water.

Jack acted like he had no clue about women. His friend Larry popped in during all three episodes and excuse me for saying it, but I know why Furley thought those two were gay. Jack and Larry spoke of women as if they were new to the planet.

2). Suzanne Somers had a terrific body before the ab machine and the hip crunches. The opening scene of her walking in the short shorts along the beach was worth the time invested in the show. But man, that theme song was unbelievably lame as well. Another notch in the Jack is gay theme.

3). And man, John Ritter was young. And now he's gone. Thank God he did those shows so we can preserve his legend. I didn't so much as smile once while watching the three episodes.

4). Christina Applegate was even better looking than Suzanne Somers.

5). Married with Children is an excellent depiction of a marriage, isn't it?

6). Why didn't Al Bundy just leave?

7). Little Joe, Hoss, and Candy were also a little troublesome to me when it came to aspects of their manhood. Why weren't they ever with women? They were awful tight with the old man, weren't they?

The episode I watched showed Hoss helping a family down the road build a well.It was pretty interesting, but looked like backbreaking work. Couldn't he have just hit the old man up for some cash? They lived on the Ponderosa for crying out loud. There had to be well parts sitting around somewhere. Hoss was something like McGyver too. He showed those hicks how it was done.

8). Wouldn't you get tired of riding the horse a hundred miles every time that you ran out of something at home.

"Pa, we're out of toilet paper."

"Get the horses drawn. Take your brother, but watch out there are injuns waiting to scalp you. Get three rolls so you don't have to go back tomorrow."

I don't know. Some of the old shows seem kind of silly to me, but I'll tell you one thing for certain:

They beat the hell out of reality television.

Comments

Come and knock on my door (come and knock on my door)... sorry you're laid up. Maybe you should pull out a black notebook and start friggin' writing!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Nah, I quit.
deafjeff said…
How about trying to get a radio show? Not much heavy lifting there. We all know how much you love the sound of your own voice, and we all know theres no shortage of opinions in your brain either. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie