Useless Information

If a lobster loses an eye it will grow another one.

When you walk down a steep hill, the pressure on your knees is equal to three times your body weight.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I've been doing little more than reading useless fact information on my phone. That's because I may have torn my Achilles tendon in my right leg. I should know for sure by the end of the day tomorrow.

How'd that happen? You ask.

Not real sure. Played that basketball game on Tuesday. Worked all right yesterday, and slowly but surely arrived at a position, after walking a number of job sites, where I could not put any weight - let alone three times my weight - on my ankle.

I walked into a convenience store - more like hopped - and the girl behind the counter asked me if I wanted her to call an ambulance.

Coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks do. Approximately 150 people are killed each year by coconuts.

There is an average of 50,000 spiders per acre in green areas.


So, here I sit, reading and praying that I can walk over the next 6 to 8 weeks. I will have the tests done tomorrow.

Koala bears are not bears.

Tom Sawyer was the first novel written on a typewriter.


I tore my left Achilles in 1996 and while it wasn't much fun, it allowed me to settle down long enough, and trust someone enough to lead to my marriage. Kathy took care of me then. Hopefully, if surgery is necessary, she still wants to do it. Neither of us are looking forward to the possibility.

The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.

Not me. In fact, I wonder how much sleep I'll get tonight. It's fairly painful right now.

Most dreams last only 5 to 20 minutes.

Seems like I've been dreaming all my life. Still waiting on some good news. The last two years have simply blown.

About 1 in 30 people in the United States are in jail, on probation, or on parole.


Sheryl Crow's two front teeth are fake.

I hope you learned something tonight. I have a feeling there will be about seven blogs a day if I'm laid up too long.

Isn't life wonderful?

Comments

deafjeff said…
All the crap in my head and I knew none of them except the koala bear. I fall asleep in 7 seconds. Beat that gimpy.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie