Look Up! Cheer Up!

So Christmas '09 is upon us. A year that sucked from the first month and continued to suck all the way, at least personally. Cheetah Woods had a better year than me, my family and most of our friends.

Today is the day we Look Up and Cheer Up!

As I was writing the story of Jeff over the last few months, I was struck by a memory of a night gone by. We were drinking beer (believe it or not) at my parents home. We had made the evening interesting by betting beers on one thing or another, and there were plenty of laughs with good friends and family. I believe that the gathering was a going away party of sorts for Carrie as she left for law school.

Anyhow, the end of the clear summer night found Jeff and I outside doing what needs to be done as beer makes its way through the system. We just happened to arrive at the door at the same time.

"Hang on a minute," Jeff said.

He sort of spun me around and pointed skyward. All of the stars were out and since it was such a clear night they were shining brightly.

"Look up," Jeff said. "Isn't it awesome?"

Eight or nine or ten beers in, I was sort of stunned that he was interested in the night sky.

"People don't look up enough," he said. "Life's pretty cool, isn't it?"

That was a moment from a night about 15 years ago. I look up a lot these days, not feeling that life is so cool, but it can be.

Look up!

Cheer Up!

Be Safe!

Merry Christmas Eve!

Comments

Larry L said…
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Gag said…
Merry Christmas Buddy!!
chris said…
When u look up in the sky now it's jeff looking back at ya that creates the beauty, but watchout as he might p on ya! Lol that smartass!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Merry Christmas to all!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie