A Long, Troubled Road

The calendar is a strange thing isn't it? We normally flip it from one month to another without too much thought, but man, when December is turning to January there are so many plans to be made.

It's like we get a clean slate to work with, and there aren't too many among us who believes that it will just be the same old crap.

I'm not going to swear once in 2010.

I'm going to eat right, drink less, and lose weight.

I'm going to be kind to my family, dedicated in my work, and content in the decisions of others.

I'm not going to miss mass even once this year.

I'm going to help more around the house, change the oil every three thousand miles, and clean up that damn storage room.

And then...

Three days into it, we may be doing okay. Crossing everything off the to-do-lists, still eating celery, and swearing that our stomach shrunk.

And then...

"F&*@ it!" we scream knowing that we weren't going to hold it in any longer, and with swearing already off the list we shatter the remainder of the stupid resolutions we made.

"It ain't ever going to change!"

"Life's a bitch!"

"Who cares if the storage room is clean! It's a storage room!"

And we are back to square one on our long-lost journey.

Maybe not.

Maybe this will be the year when the train comes roaring around the bend.

There's still hope, right?

We worked on getting that back yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie