Fight Nice

I've kind of stepped out of the political ring this year. A lot of people have been sending me notes about how they figure Obama is doing, Sarah-Mania still aggravates me, but I haven't heard hide-nor-hair from W - so I figure I'm way ahead of the game.

Yet being that I don't have a lot of info - too much else on my mind - I was a bit dismayed when I heard there were more troops heading for Afghanistan.

Now, perhaps, I should be happy that we are fighting the good fight, but I just don't know. I figure that less fighting is good. Maybe I'm wrong. I just thought that perhaps we'd be able to step away from it - not so simple, I suppose.

No one has ever accused me of not being simple.

Yet I love to read the newspaper before I get started on whatever I want to write about and today was no exception.

I read about the student convicted of killing her roommate in Italy.

I read about a couple in Niagara Falls who were indicted for not watching their child who died of an overdose of drugs - allegedly - after getting into mom and dad's stash. That one was rounded out by a wrestling match between the accused and his ex-father-in-law.

There was a recap of the Virginia Tech shootings.

A story about a murdered college professor in Binghamton.

Fight after fight after fight.

My Dad used to tell us to fight nice as a way of scolding us.

Being that I'm such a lover of all things peaceful - I pulled over and wept after running down a possum one day - I wonder why.

There's too much fighting.

Perhaps I need to read something other than the newspaper before I start writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie