Sha-Poopie, Hot Shower & the Big Man

Damn that Family Guy - we caught the episode last night where Peter plays for New England, scores a touchdown and sings the Sha-poopie song. Now I can't get it out of my head.

Now as those who know me know, I'm very-challenged when it comes to doing anything around the house in a maintenance-type of a way. There's still a broken lamp in my hall from when I tried to change a light bulb - dropped the damn cover.

Well, for a few weeks, Matthew and I suffered in the early morning as the shower was fairly cold and never truly warmed up. We complained to maintenance, but the second job of maintaining the farm is time-consuming.

After complaining that we were tired of living in third-world country conditions, our maintenance-woman came through. It might have been easy too - simple turn of a switch I'm guessing - I would never go near those confusing tanks - but Sha-Poopie - we had hot water!

I may stick around now.

Anyway, big day today - perhaps the last time that Bruce and Clarence share a stage -the Big Man is nearly 70 - what a wonderful run it has been. Fitting for me that they close-up shop in Buffalo.

One of the best parts of Clarence's book is the mantra that he delivers prior to taking the stage every night - He simply asks God that he is able to play well enough to bring joy to at least one person that night.

Can't wait for him to start playing either - he'll bring me joy tonight if he can get the damn Sha-Poopie lyric out of my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie