Lambert Versus Como

Flipped on the computer today to see a shot of Adam Lambert kissing another man during his recent appearance somewhere. Then read a note that his act was kicked off of Good Morning America because it's too risky.

Lambert is now singing the blues because he feels as if he's being singled out and that the gays are being wrongly persecuted.

Now, I don't know even one song by this guy - people say he can sing. Not my kind of music, but whatever, right? If he has fans that's good for him.

Yet wrongly persecuted for being gay?

I don't care if he's gay, but I don't know why I have to open the computer to see him kissing some guy, and I certainly don't know if it is particularly smart to see his dancer pretending to perform oral sex on him as he sings.

What's the song about? Does the guy on his knees add to the performance?

Years and years ago I went to a concert that I'll never forget - Perry Como.

Yeah, somehow I ended up at a concert where Perry Como who was about 80 at the time sang songs and told stories on a stage that spun. I believe he sat on a stool for a lot of the show, but even standing there, it was all about the singing.

The voice, the presentation of the song, and connecting with the audience.

Of course, I'm coming off the Bruce show, which was all about connecting to the audience, and now I'm reading about this as performance art?

I'm sure that a ton of gay rights and gay protesters are going to be facing off in front of the Good Morning America studios tomorrow, and Lambert probably garnered plenty of attention for himself.

Can't he get the attention the good old-fashioned way? By earning it?

I don't know I'm always contradicting myself - I listen to Howard Stern every morning and am wildly entertained. Perhaps that kiss and the little simulation was entertaining to someone.

I'll stick with Perry Como.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie