I'll Give You the Hour Back

My sleep rhythms are all off. I'm thinking it all started with the damn hour of extra sleep we got on Saturday night.

Let's retrace - No Yanks on Friday, up late anyway. Woke at regular time on Saturday, which is roughly 6 AM - solid six hours, need a nap, good nap, lucky too because there's game on tonight.

Saturday - Beer is hand-delivered by a buddy. We drink most of what he brought before the rain delay ended. Get more beer. Game keeps going. Bed late. Up early.

Did I change the clock in my room? I can't remember. I glance at the cell phone that should change automatically and it matches the clock radio.

Head downstairs - all other clocks are off an hour - change them. Find out that downstairs clocks had already been changed and that I never actually changed the clock in my room and that my cell phone clock didn't change either.

WHAT THE HELL TIME IS IT? I ask.

Get it straightened away. Sunday night...'nother game...up early Monday. Work through the day, looking for a nap after dinner. Could that work?

Nope...Game 5...Utley's hair...can't sleep...can Andy go on three day's rest? Not if he's resting like me.

Work Tuesday, but dream of bed. Tylenol PM. Finally, back in rythm. Wake up feeling refreshed for the first time all week. I glance at the clock:

3:42 AM!

Bah!

Another game tonight.

Thank God this is going to be the last one.

Please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty