Wanna' Get a Drink or Something?

Ryan O'Neal was recently in the news because of the death of Farrah Fawcett. Through the years he's been something of a train wreck with all kinds of disgraceful items being brought to the attention of his fans.

The article I read this morning said that at Farrah's funeral he made a pass at a good-looking blonde that he'd picked out of the crowd. He was dismayed when the blonde told him that she was Tatum - his daughter. How does he respond to that little piece of information? Uh,my bad, sorry?

O'Neal went on to say that he should have never been a father claiming that all 4 of his kids were either in jail or should be there. He claims he's sorry for all he's done.

Those of us who are parents are sure of just one thing (hopefully) and that's the wish that our children will have an easier go of it then we do. My biggest fear is that my children will adopt some of my own self-destructive traits and I'll do my best to steer them onto the right path. Isn't that straight from the parenting handbook?

I've always considered that as a parent I learned from my parents - the things that they did right (and there were a ton of them) have been adopted into my code and the things they did wrong have been noted and hopefully eliminated. Yet it certainly is a crap-shoot as we walk a fine line between doing the right thing and stifling the child's natural development.

Yet if you have four kids, with three different women, mind you, and they all seem to be suffering, then perhaps it is true, you shouldn't have been allowed to carry a card as a father.

One of O'Neal's children complained that he was just crying over Farrah because he wanted some of her money - it's reported he didn't get any. Tatum wrote a book detailing that he was a monster.

Imagine the new book after he asked her out thinking that she was just another victim of his wandering eye.

I don't care how old you are, being asked out by your father, who hadn't seen you enough to recognize who you are, has to be a tad disconcerting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie