Our Beautiful Reward

Kathy and the boys are pretty much connected at the hip each and every day. Through most of the past week, I was right there with them. I don't know how she does it nearly every minute of the day. I'm fired up about working today!

You see they all provide a certain energy from time to time, but on days like Sunday, we are all pretty much at the mercy of Sam.

Yesterday he woke as though he were shot from a cannon. Each and every sentence out of his mouth was designed to get a reaction and he had a wonderful audience in Matt and Jake who laughed at everything he said. About halfway through the day, I became his target as he lobbied for the pay-per-view wrestling match.

"I get it, right?" he asked.

"Yankees-Red Sox are on," I teased, "and since we pay the cable bill we get first crack at the big television."

"That's crap," he said. "You have a TV upstairs. Do you know that this is my time to relax a little? I deserve a few hours of peace."

I looked at him and he smiled. He was obviously imitating me.

"That's all I have to say about it," he said. "And that's a period."

"And that's a period?" I asked.

Now he giggled - "And that's it, period!" he corrected.

The difficult part about it was that the above conversation took place about six hours before the event was to start. Although I wasn't real keen on spending 40 bucks for another wrestling event, he had plenty of time to wear me down. The next 360 minutes went something like this:

Sam: Can I get it?
Me: I don't know yet.
Sam: It's my time to relax.
Me: Ask your mother.
Sam: She said it's fine.
Me: I didn't hear you ask her.
Sam: I don't have to, I know she loves me.
Me: And if I don't let you get it, I don't love you?
Sam: That's what I'm saying.

Forty minutes before the event was to start Kathy entered the picture.

"What do you think about him getting it?"

"Let him have it," I answered. "He's got my brain so scrambled I can't even think."

"He's beautiful, isn't he?" Kathy asked.

Our beautiful reward - and we have three of them.

And that's a period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie