Random Garbage

Thoughts collected as I wonder why it wants to rain every freaking Sunday...

--- The Yanks need only to go .500 to win 94 games and most likely the AL East and they aren't going to slump to just .500. Still waiting for one announcer to stop crying about the money they spend and talk about the money they generate for the sport to keep the degenerate teams afloat. Wha! It's not fair! Then make your own team an attraction. (Seems conservative to me).

--- Ralph Wilson is in the Hall of Fame and he thanked Buffalo. How heartwarming is that? Much better than hearing him cry about how broke he is - at the age of 91, coming off thirty straight years of sell-outs in a town where disposable income is tough to come by. See above. Try to win once more Ralph - if you love Buffalo - give some back by making an honest effort at winning it all. Hire us a coach, please.

--- Enough sports - got a survey about whether or not Obama is screwing things up with his policy shifts. The results of the survey say he's doing just horribly. Can people be yearning for the prosperity and peace we enjoyed under George W? Ah, those were the good old days - we should have stayed the course, right? If we had we'd all be homeless now.

--- Yet I heard from a buddy reading along that I have a liberal slant to my writings (Shut-up, Paul) so at a recent get-together a friend of mine and I went through the issues - I was about 50/50 when it came to different issues and where I fell on them - yeah - 50% conservative and 50% liberal. Shocking, right?

--- I for one will certainly miss Paula Abdul - not that I ever watched more than 30 seconds of the Karaoke contest, but once in awhile I liked to listen to her tell a contestant how much she loved their heart, and how they'd be a big star someday as tears filled her eyes and her head bobbed to and fro. Struck me as she was swinging a somewhat empty head.

--- I seriously need to stop reading the newspapers - one story after another is about tragedy and sadness - planes falling from the sky, the latest murders, accidents, Jacko, Farrah...please make it stop. "I'm going down, down, down..."

--- Loved watching the girls softball game under the lights at a summer festival this weekend. That's what summer is all about - dunk tanks, beauty contests, baseball games, fried dough, and a corn-eating contest. The highlight of the night was when my niece turned to me and said - "Why don't you enter the corn-eating contest? No one is a bigger pig than you?" It made my heart sing.

--- The yard work is almost done. We should finish before the first snow flies - in about 60 days. Still working on talking myself into writing something big...a couple of speaking engagements coming up might stoke the fire. I hope.

--- My boys Sam and Jake were trying to explain to me why Kanye West is better than Springsteen. We were watching a documentary on the singer Meatloaf and they wondered why Meat's band played so many instruments when they were singing. I tried to explain that music is predicated on singing, talent, performance, the playing of instruments and stirring lyrics.

"All the guys you like are old," Jake said.
"And they don't talk about ho's," Sam added.

I called the blog random garbage...couldn't explain that singing about bitches and ho's and guns just seems like random garbage to me...then again, I'm old...and 50%liberal...and tired...and 50% conservative.

Comments

Larry L said…
I remember going to the Eden corn festival, great memories.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie