I Hate Jared

Hopefully Ted Kennedy will be remembered for more than a car accident, but I doubt it.

For those who hate him because a). He's a Kennedy b). He's a liberal or c). because of the accident - I say just one thing:

He stood up for other people.

No matter what his sins - he was a champion for those less fortunate then him - and that was a hell of a lot of people.

My main beef today though is that goofy bastard from the Subway commercials - I was minding my own business last night and watching the Yanks (man, you gotta' get the bunt down Swisher) when Jared came on promoting the most recent Subway masterpiece. I flipped the station.

An inning later, he was back. And the inning after that and the inning after that and the inning after that.

And I'm not sure why I hate him. Perhaps because he lost all that weight and is continually in my face about it. Maybe because he's a goofy, dorky sort of guy who is famous for what? Making TV commercials.

Of course, I don't hate him as much as the Geico Caveman, but can't they both just go away? The only thing more annoying is the ad for the bald-headed lawyer sitting on the motorcycle telling us about how dangerous the beautiful, powerful machine is -let's just say that he ain't exactly the Fonz.

I suppose the thing that gets me about the commercials is that they are repeated over and over and over again. Obviously they buy the block of time for the Yankee game and they get as many plays as they need.

So, the theme of the day is - Don't hate on Teddy - send that distaste Jared's way.

I hope he gains 200 pounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie