I Walk the Valley of Love and Tears and Mystery

So, I'm trying to catch up on things...received a copy of a Bruce concert from a dear friend - recorded live from Italy. Put it in and got ready to do a little work.

Read my sister's blog - God I wish I could write like that. It yanked at my heart strings and made my head fill with grief. Felt better having read it.

Bruce sang The River in the background - Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse. I thought of my buddies and sons laughing at me for always listening to Bruce - "Listen to the words!" Jake mimicked. "Listen to the words!"

Indeed. That single line from The River encompasses all of the trepidation I've been feeling about my writing. It wasn't just my dream - I write for a lot of people. My brother was my biggest fan and a huge part of the dream seems gone. I was writing for him as much as for myself.

Yet...

My weekend with my friends made me understand that I can still be writing for him - he'll see it.

Back to work, dammit!

I thought about next week's schedule. Paid a few bills. Sorted through paperwork from the hospital conference.

I walk the valley of love and tears and mystery, Bruce sang in Maria's Bed.

Listen to the words.

A stray tear. Sam comes up for a visit. "Thanks for the vacation," he says. "It was so much fun."

His dreams still must come true. My job is to help him make them come true - they aren't a lie if they don't, Dear Bruce, because they are still right there - in his heart and in my heart. Through the love and tears and the mystery.

Dreams can still be reached.

The trick is in finding the drive to chase them.

I'm catching up, I think.

Comments

Larry L said…
All I can say is WOW! Your doing great.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie