A Day of Rest

As the story goes for six days God created the heavens and the Earth and on the 7th day He rested. No doubt with a barrel of sauce and a Yankee game.

My eyes were on Sunday all week as I considered just getting rest.

I'm not alone in the summer time - there's so much to do, so many parties, weddings, days of fun - not much sun this year - but it didn't slow the carousel much. There have certainly been enough gatherings to keep us moving.

So, I went to bed last night - once more missing the end of 48 Hours Mystery - I'm sure the husband poisoned his wife.

"What's the motive?" my wife asked.

"He was married to her," I replied.

The plan was to sleep as late as I could - woke at 6:30, struggled to stay in bed until 7:00. The day of rest wasn't off to a booming start. A cup of coffee, thoughts of dinner, hung with the dogs, church, pasta, no Yanks until 8 tonight - perhaps a nap?

Not sure what God did on his day off. There had to be a little tweaking of his work, huh?

Perhaps if He hadn't taken the day off He could have fixed some of the things that He'd created. A seven-day work week might have gotten rid of hurricanes, tornadoes, poverty, violence, the Red Sox, OJ Simpson and Michael Vick.

As luck might have it I was greeted with a cool, cloudy day - there's a little yard work to contend with but I may not do anything more than pick the tomatoes that are threatening to overtake us.

A couple of my buddies are golfing again today - I wouldn't go with Tiger and Lefty as part of a foursome.

I just want rest. Pasta, church, Yankees and rest.

Tomorrow I'll get back to trying to rid creation of violence, poverty, and mis-managed health care.

Comments

deafjeff said…
golf next week bro.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie