Searching for Bucky -*@*king Dent

I hate the Yankee-Red Sox games - to tell you the truth, I always have. I simply hate everyone who's ever put on a Sox uniform and the game is more about hatred than satisfaction. I do recall where I was when Bucky Dent hit the HR to beat the Sox in 1977 and I remember receiving three calls at 1:30 AM when Aaron Boone homered in '03.

Lately though, the Yanks are the one's getting beat up on and I can tell you that it's a lot less fun when the Yanks are losing.

So, I'm searching for Old Bucky Dent to hit one over the green monster and aggravate all of those irritating bastards who live in that part of the country.

So far in '09 the Yanks are yet to beat the Suxs as we call them around my house, and the telephone calls are certainly relentless - I hear from all of my friends who want to rub it in.

This morning, Sam opened his eyes and groaned. "The Yanks lost seven to zip," he said. "My friends are going to be all over me."

"What do you tell him?" I asked.

"Twenty-six," he said.

"That's right," I answered. "Make sure you tell them that the Red Sox only need to win 18 straight World Series to tie it up. As much as they hate that argument, they can't win if you just keep saying 26."

"It would be easier if the Yankees just won," he said.

"Yeah, but until that happens, repeat after me."

"Twenty-six," Sam said.

Can Bucky Dent please come out tonight?

Comments

zoc said…
Hey Fuzznuts, this is your buddy from PA - remember the good ole Red Sox (not Sucks) fan? I'll give you the 26. Boy, I bet you really enjoyed watching Gehrig and Ruth win. Did any of your buddies call you at 1:30 AM? Oh wait, since Sam was born, you and he have hung out to see how many YankMe championships? Let me answer that for you - NONE! How many did the Sucks (they must not Suck that bad) win? TWO! Oh and by the way, Mr. Yankee Fan, get your facts straight. Bucky did it in 1978, not 1977. (Remember, it was a one game playoff after the Red Sox blew the 14 1/2 game lead). Makes me wonder how you knew exactly where you were when you don't even have the friggin year correct. Did you actually start drinking at that young an age that you missed an entire year? Anyway, you can have your 26 titles. I have always said when the Red Sox won the first series that I witnessed in my lifetime - you know the one - when the Yankees lost to them in the ALCS - in the manner that the Yankees lost to the Sox, that will be hard to surpass. Yes, I had '78 and '86, and as difficult as those were, I will always have the breaking of the curse. See ya buddy.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Hey Zoc - we never had to wait 86 years or whatever the hell it was - that must have been fun - I have six in my lifetime and Sam does have 1 - he was born for the 2000 win. Six is still 3 times more than two and the Yanks didn't win any with a proven steroid cheat on their team. Manny - remember him - and Fat Papi was cheating too - that's why he hits like a bag lady these days. Red Sucks Blow! Thanks for responding! That's what this is all about. And yeah it was '78 - wonder how many facts I actually get wrong in this blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie