Palin and George Herbert

I've always liked David Letterman - I always thought he was the best of the late night hosts even though I don't see him a lot because he's on in the middle of the night now. He always struck me as a little bit off too, which works well for a comedian.

Yet he most likely stepped over the line with his Palin joke because he definitely got the wrong daughter. A 14-year old shouldn't be subjected to such humor - it certainly was a good joke if he'd been talking about the other daughter though.

I guess he apologized, but it hasn't been enough to make the story go away. I side with Sarah Palin as a Mom on this one - you have to protect your kids - but it should be over by now.

News flash: Sometimes comedians say things they really don't mean just to get a laugh. He screwed up, apologized, and is ready to move on. I get a funny feeling that if Palin continues to fight with him, he'll crucify her with his wit - after all, all he really has to do is show footage of her giving a speech -the laughs will come.

And George Herbert Bush jumped from an airplane to celebrate his 85th birthday. Anyone who reads this blog knows my feelings about one of his offspring, but damn, 85 and jumping from an airplane is cool. I have to give it to him. Plus he also fought for the country - he has it way over the people who completed their work in the last few administrations.

Plus, as Robin Williams once said: "There's a picture of his wife on the one-dollar bill."

Here's hoping he makes another leap at 90.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie