BEWARE!



I was driving along through New York State when I saw a barn with a painted message. In 5-foot high letters the message read - Beware! Jesus is Coming!

I had just experienced one of them days - a day when there was so much coming at me, and my mood wasn't good. In my head were the ideas that I need to start writing again - courtesy of my wife. My publisher was talking about promoting the books and making appearances. Work was about 15 hours long.

"Jesus is Coming! Where the hell is He?" I shouted.

As I drove the second photo showed itself - I took a snapshot of the dark, ominous clouds that were weighing down on me. I was waiting on the heavy rains.

A funny thing happened though - they didn't come.

Over the next half hour, I worked everything through my mind - I was a little ashamed of yelling for Jesus to show himself.

The 1st photo shows the sky as the darkness cleared as I drove towards Buffalo. It was hard to miss the message from above.

Just before I pulled into the driveway the old Van Morrison song - "Have I Told You Lately," came on the radio. It was a song written about God with the lyrics - "And at the end of the day, we should give thanks and pray to the one."

And: "You fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, ease my troubles that's what you do."

Beware?

Strange how two hours time can change your mind about moving forward through the clouds.

Comments

Andrea Renee said…
So beautiful...
CorLeone said…
What are you?...a tough guy?...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie