Rain Drops are Falling On My Head

Sing that song to yourself, right now, and then curse me for it never leaving your mind the rest of the day.

Man, I was looking forward to golf this week. A little trick I've learned in life is to give yourself a carrot to chase - I had a golf ball in the front of my car all week long - when things got rough - when I got too down-hearted, I picked the ball up, and visualized myself hitting it off the tee on the first hole.

"You'll never golf this weekend," my wife said - "It's going to rain hard on Saturday."

"It'll be all right," I said.

Lo and behold - I was on the tee at 7:36 - the rain was nothing more than a drizzle. The perfect shot I had visualized, however, turned into a hard yank to the left, but over the water, and still in play.

6 holes later, the rain came down hard and cold. I birdied the 7th hole and did my birdie dance.

"Stop," my brother-in-law Chuck said. "I just caught a glimpse of your belly button."

We called it a day after 9 and Pops gave us enough breakfast to last us a month.

And yet, the day didn't suck - not all I was looking for, but I wore my brother's spikes - and they were a good fit.

Remind me to show you the birdie dance.

Raindrops are falling on my head...something, something, feet too big for the bed. Nothing seems to fit.

Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.
Chuck's always good with the one-liners.
deafjeff said…
What kind of idiots golf on a day like this? Damn I wish I didn't have to work, I would have made you play the whole 18.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie