The Walk for Breast Cancer

My sister did it again! She arranged for her Queen Team to raise a ton of money for breast cancer research. She hosted a great party (along with the stupendous Charles Leone) that thanked everyone for helping out.

Corinne also was somehow able to get my wife, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-laws to walk, run or jog along with her for the the three-mile stretch.

"Hey Cliffy," she said when I walked in the door. "You're walking with us next year."

Of course, I hadn't walked. "No pain, no pain," I said.

"It's my five-year mark," she said.

The food was spread out before us. My cousin Jacqui, also a survivor and all-around wonderful mother and wife joined in the celebration.

My own mother, and my wife sat chatting with some sort of blue drink in their hand.

"How many people were there?" I asked at one point.

"Thousands," Corinne replied. "Isn't it amazing that one person - Susan G. Komen - could inspire so many?"

Yet there was something afoot right there in Corinne's own backyard - she was setting forth the same sort of inspirational movement. I wouldn't think of not donating to the cause. Buoyed by her courage and strength, I wore my pink shirt proudly.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

No pain, no pain can go to hell.

To my cousin, my wife, my sisters, my sister-in-law, and all of women everywhere.

I'm in.

Next year, I walk.

I hope they have defibrillators along the trail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie