The Great Concern of Others


Being stuck in the middle of a life-changing event it is often times difficult to lose track of people who are in your heart and on the periphery of your every day life. Like it or not we all become wrapped up in our own journey and the heartache and heartbreak of others is set aside for thoughts of another day, perhaps, when the mind gets clearer.

My cousin Steve sent me a photo of a sunrise today. Steve was always one of my favorite cousins - being that he lives in Baltimore with his family, it is often difficult to touch base - when we see one another - we laugh as though we were ten years old again. Today Steve reached out and as a family we appreciate that - even if he still looks like Sammy Davis Jr.

And on the other side of events I need to reach out to a friend of mine at Sterlinghouse - God Bless you in your personal endeavor - you'll be fine - you know I have prayers in my heart for you.

And that I suppose is the basis of this life - from one sunrise to the next - we have to stick together in this journey. We are all on our own separate paths, but when those paths cross and we are side-by-side with our neighbors, we need to pass along the kind words, and the gentle thoughts that help each of us sustain.

I've been blessed with a lot of good friends and a great family - thanks for looking out for me - and hopefully I'll continue to do the same for you.

In the meantime, enjoy the sunrise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Even though I only saw you and everyone else for a few minutes, again I was reminded of what a loving, amazing extended family we have and how blessed I feel to be a part of it (especially since I never had any siblings to share growing up with). I know that today carried a series of great sorrows within the celebration & I just wanted to tell you, you're all in my heart always.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie