Getting a Puppy

Billy Joel is 60-years old and news came down this morning that he's splitting with his 27-year old wife. He couldn't make it work with Christie, and now he's losing his young wife. Boy, I feel bad for him - he'll be in that mansion all alone with his millions of dollars.

The Piano Man has been married three times and they've all had the same result. Does he go for a younger woman now?

Well, as Chris Rock said - "If something happens to my wife - I'm going for a younger woman. If I was dog shopping I'd buy a puppy, not a ten-year old dog."

Yet - look at that age difference - 60 and 27. Think about what you'd want to do on a Saturday night. She probably wanted to go out drinking, dancing and spending time with friends. Billy probably wanted to just sit on the couch until 9 PM, sipping a drink, and then head up to bed.

I'm 44 and I can't imagine wanting to do anything other than take a long nap and go to bed early enough to watch 48 Hours and hopefully make it through the show. If you're going to get me to stay out late, it has to immediately follow a long afternoon nap and there better people I already like in attendance.

I don't want to meet anyone new. I don't want to listen to loud music. I don't want to try a new restaurant. I've seen it - been there - and am comfortable in what I like.

There in lies the problem, right? A 60-year old man just can't hang with a 27-year old woman. It might be fun for awhile, but sooner or later... Billy's Movin' Out.

God love my nieces, but they are twenty-something girls and I can only deal with them for about a half an hour at a time - they talk too fast, they make little sense, and their laughter is downright annoying.

Think about it - as we get older - the idea of a new puppy isn't all that exciting.

I get what Chris Rock was saying, but an old, reliable dog is also an excellent companion.

(Geez, I hope my wife doesn't read this one - she'll think I'm comparing her to an old, reliable dog).

She, of course, is still as much fun as a new puppy.

Comments

Larry L said…
Good recovery!
Yeah, nice save.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie