A-ROD IS FATIGUED

I'm thinking that the streak for waking up before six in the morning is at about two years now. I'm not patting myself on the back, but I never miss work. I hardly ever have a day that would be considered lazy.

I feel guilty when I don't write. I feel guilty when I don't spend some good time with the family. I know a whole bunch of working slobs like me. Working hard - day in and day out - for enough money to have a decent family.

A-Rod is making $204,700 a game - he's 0 for 3 tonight. Insert me into the clean-up position and I'd have the same sort of day and I'd look fetching in the pinstripe uniform.

Which isn't to say it's easy, but the announcer frosted my ass when he mentioned that part of the problem is that A-Rod is fatigued.

Oh really?

Was it the long line at the buffet after sleeping until 4 in the afternoon that did him in?

Was it the seven times he swung and missed?

Was it those late nights with Kate Hudson?

Was it that long plane ride from Florida to Georgia.

Fatigued my ass.

Follow me around - follow my wife around as she does her work. Hell, follow any man or woman struggling to make ends meet.

Why am I watching this dork?

I hope he homers next time up.

Comments

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and comment the way I think Jeff might:

"You had me through the whole thing up until you said you'd be fetching in a pinstripe suit, and then I couldn't concentrate on the rest of the story. Keep the jokes like that until the end."

You know I'm right... :-)
Larry L said…
I really thought the Yankees would have three games to turn things around. The Braves have been struggling too. The Yankees have anther chance tonight, but you in pinstripes YIKES!
deafjeff said…
Hey folks, the whole pinstripe thing was brought in to make Babe Ruth look svelte after he showed up one year weghing like 350. If it worked for the Babe, it would almost certainly work on Cliffy.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie