The Honeymoon is Over

Walking by the television this morning I saw a one sentence crawl across the bottom of the screen that said, "Man arrested; drowns wife on honeymoon."

Well, that's really giving it the old college try, huh? Can you imagine how happy everyone was at that wedding as the loaded into the limo to start their lives together? How about getting that phone call if you're back home working through the hangover from the reception?

Unbelievable.

"He could have gotten an annulment," my wife said as I told her the headline.
"He annulled it himself," I answered.

The second crawl was about David Carradine allegedly committing suicide. Problem, grasshopper? Another strange story.

Then finally, I read about former Buffalo Braves star Randy Smith dying of a heart attack while working out on a treadmill. I can safely say that won't happen to me. I've eliminated treadmills and anorexia as contributing factors to my final moments.

I suppose the lesson learned is to not pay attention to the crawl on the bottom of the tv screen. Day after day there's news out there that can really bring you down.

I'd like to remember the happy moments. I want to dwell on the long summer days filled with laughter and joy and family and friends.

Those memories seem a world away this morning, but it is all about perspective, right?

How in the world do you drown your wife on the honeymoon?

Crap, now I have to find out the details.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Sounds like a story from the old man or your Father in law. I started catching crap on the homeymoon. Except for the part about drowning her of course.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie