Please No More

I can't believe that there are people who won't vote for McCain-Palin because Palin's daughter is pregnant - I heard someone say that she shouldn't run anything because she can't run her family. If you aren't going to vote for them - please God, don't let that be the reason.

Others won't vote for Obama because his middle name is Hussein - does that mean he's Saddam's brother? Or that he believes in terrorism? I don't think that's quite right - don't let that be the reason you don't vote that way.

I get the e-mails from Republicans telling me why the tax system doesn't work - okay, I get it - Democrats are tax and spend and Republicans are not - that's the stereotype and I understand the concept. Democrats aren't all about handouts either. The divide when it's all said and done isn't that much. One party doesn't love the country less than the other. One isn't always tax and spend. One isn't just for the rich.

At least I hope not.

I heard someone say that they were voting for McCain because they liked Sarah Palin's hair. I received an e-mail that showed her with a tight blouse and a short skirt, posed seductively - she was split screen with Biden? Who's a better choice for Vice-President the headline asked.

I suppose it depends what you're looking for out of a candidate.

Somehow I wish we as a nation could have intelligent discourse about what electing a president is all about.

I'm not kidding, during the 2000 election a man told me that he was voting for Bush because Gore was all about censorship and would take violence out of the video games that he liked to play in his free time. This was a grown man - trying to make a living! No bull - that's why he voted the way he did - and man, you should have heard him argue the point.

In any regard - I beg that the choice to be made is an informed one - not the same old, tired lines - look around - think about it - come up with some concrete reasons why.

This isn't American Idol.

Comments

deafjeff said…
It is truly scary. Scary! That the majority of Americans can figure out how to pull the levers, nevermind who to vote for. I know someone who is Rep. because the Dems want to take away his right to shoot animals. I haven't seen that on anyones agenda except the NRA. Scary!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie