Bet You Didn't Know

--- I bet you didn't know that I'm a foreign relations expert - I can see Canada from a route along the 190 leading towards Niagara Falls. We all know how important it is to fend off a foreign country when they're in our site lines.

--- I bet you didn't know that if the government was to divide up that $700 billion - each American would get about $450,000. We could all pay taxes - leaving us with about $250,000 each - they can piss away and steal the rest - then we could all pay off our houses, bailing the banks out and getting the economy rolling. If we just wanted to waste our $250,000 on wine, women and gambling - we'd still be helping the economy, right? It's probably too simple - let's give them the cash so they can steal it, waste it, and beg for more later.

--- I bet you didn't know that Springsteen will be playing the Super Bowl this year. Wouldn't it be perfect if the Bills made it - I've always told my kids that I'd take them to the Super Bowl if the Bills got in - never once believing that I'd ever have to pay up again. Maybe this is the year - I'd be the only guy just showing up for the halftime show. Early bets - Born to Run, Promised Land, 1oth Avenue Freeze-Out - of course, they may have to pull him off the stage.

--- I bet you didn't know that 168 people were killed in a human stampede in India after someone screamed bomb. What an unbelievable way to go.

--- I bet you didn't know that the first home run hit at Yankee Stadium was by Babe Ruth and that the last was hit by Jose Molina. Talk about a contrast in styles - same body type though.

--- I bet you didn't know that there are a lot of people voting against Obama because there's a photo of him standing with his hands folded - instead of over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance. I'm not sure of the origin of the photo or the story behind it - but it has certainly made the rounds.

--- Did you know that more House Republicans than House Democrats voted against the bailout plan but that the House Speaker is taking the heat for speaking against it. I'm so sick of the Republican-Democrat crap anyway - how about in the next election we just have it without designations. Remember the votes for class president in the 3rd grade? Bobby versus Suzie - there were no agendas - we just looked at the two candidates, listened to them and voted for the member of the same sex as us. I guess partisan voting has always had it's way.

--- Words to live by: "To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is most difficult."

Comments

deafjeff said…
I knew all of them! And I can see Canada from the end of my block! I could be an Ambassador.
John said…
great writer, poor at math. $700 billion given to 200 million people amounts to about $3500 each. It doesn't even pay off the credit card.
deafjeff said…
Never mind the ever increasing school taxes.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty