I Told You So

Isn't it great when you tell someone something and they disagree and your point actually comes true? Do you have to let them know that you told them so? I do.

Anyway, I told you that the Bills would be good this year. I knew they'd win at least 10 games and make the playoffs.

Actually, I was on the other end of the smack talk. I love getting under Matt and Sam's skin when it comes to the Sabres and the Bills. Jake, to tell you the truth, couldn't care less one way or another.

So, I have two discussion partners in the house in which to drive my wife crazy. Last night, I was fairly quiet. I tried to let the boys know that it was just one game and that the Bills could go belly up the rest of the year. This evening I will probably let them know that they beat the Pats 31-0 in the home opener in 2003 and not only didn't make the playoffs, but watched the Pats win the Super Bowl that year.

Yet for one evening, I let it play out - "They played well," I said, although I didn't watch the game other than perhaps 3 plays. I didn't want to admit that I was sick, but I ended up sleeping through the 1st half and wasn't into it - as the 4th place Yankees were starting - by the 2nd half.

I'm waiting for Matt to spring the Yankees poor season on me as a way of payback, but he needs to be careful, he's an Oakland A's fan.

In any regard - he told me so (with his smug look of defiance) this week - I'll get him back soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie