More Kids?

We spent half the weekend with Dylan our great nephew who is 13 months old. I didn't put in a lot of time in his care. Kathy left for a half-an-hour to drop Matt at a friends and my instruction was - "Change him before you go." I wasn't about to deal with that. It's been a long time since I suffered through a diaper change and I may have changed my last one ever.

Yet it all went fine. The kid actually smiled way more than my kids had, or have since. He didn't cry in the night (at least not that I know of) and he brought the food that he consumed. Not a bad deal. Of course, it raised questions in Kathy's mind.

"Wouldn't you want another child?" she asked.
"You're fifty," I said (giving her my standard response). "No more kids."
"I'm not fifty, and besides I would have liked to have five or six kids. Wouldn't that have been nice?"
"Nice? Have you met our other kids? We'll be lucky to keep them out of prison."
"I'm just saying."

Thank God we can't have any more children. I'm so glad that there is no longer such an option and no, I can't imagine worrying about five or six of them.

Yet they all have such distinctive personalities and unique perspectives. What would the other children have been like?

Five or six kids in this day and age?

I've been telling you that my wife is nuts.

Dylan packed up his toys and hit the road about an hour ago. Let his mother and father take the reins and have a couple more - I'm sure we'll babysit again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie