Dogs - Man's Best Friend


Read a story today about Buddy, a dog, who pressed the buttons for 911 when his owner was having a seizure - seems the dog was trained to respond and for the third freaking time - called when his owner was stricken. The ambulance arrived and saved the man.

My sister lost a dog the other day and it was painful to read the words of her blog - Van Halen once ran a video and under one of the captions it said - "Mothers and Dogs Should Never Die." I agree with that sentiment.

My dog - Melky Cabrera had a sore foot last night and it pained me to watch her limp up and down the stairs - it was a little late to get her to the Vets - so she toughed it out - sleeping in most of my bed last night as I fought for space. She woke up feeling better today and even though I'm tired - perhaps she'll return the favor and dial 911 when the big one hits.

Life just wouldn't be the same without dogs around to take away some of the aggravation that comes with living - and even though their time is short - every second is worth it - well okay, maybe not every second - there was that day when Shadow ate the insides out of our living room couch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie