Let's Go Buffalo!

The Bills open the season today and my sons went through the schedule last night figuring out how many games they were going to win for sure - Matt said 14, Sam went with 12, Jake picked the more actual number - 7.

I figure 7 or 8. The best thing about it is that they can dream, right? None of the kids remember the 4 super bowl runs. One of them wasn't even born the last time the Bills were in the playoffs.

Kathy is solidly behind rooting for the home team, but I am undeniably cynical. I actually think we'd be better off if they moved to Toronto or LA or somewhere in between.

I can hear the boos - but we are ranked the 3rd poorest city in the country - we most certainly have a better chance at hitting #1 in that category than actuallywinning a super bowl as our owner cries about not having enough cash to compete.

Additionally a number of the guys I'm supposed to be rooting for are basically not great guys. Whatever, I suppose, but it galls me to read about their horrible conduct.

Seattle's up first - perhaps I'll go shopping at 1 PM - the stores will be empty as everyone roots, roots, roots!

Let's Go Buffalo!

Comments

deafjeff said…
Oh like the sainted Yankees are all upstanding citizens.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie