The Big Day

Can you believe that there's a show on TV showing people trying to run through odd shaped holes in a wall? You must be hurting if you need to spend a half-hour watching that.

Michael Jackson is selling his underwear. God help you if you have the winning bid - or if you bid at all.

Tom Brady is out for the season and I swear I heard glee in the voices of those on sports talk radio. Cheering someone's pain?

Today is a big day around our house. Jake and Sam are visiting the dentist - they would choose the dentist's chair as the worst place on earth - and my wife has the horrible task of calming them for the visit.

Yet today is a huge day in their world as a new wrestling game comes out. Last night I listened to a recap of all the great wrestlers who would be included in the game.

To hear Jake sum it up - "I need to go to the dentist and that won't be fun, but when I get out Mom's taking me for the new game."

He waited a long time. "It's going to be a good day and a bad day."

I tried to tell him that most days have a bit of both in them, but that he just needed to do the work to get the reward. He wasn't much buying it - "You know what would be better?"

"No dentist - just the new game?" I asked.

"Exactly!"

Here's hoping that the trip to the dentist is easy and the game is as awesome as he believes it to be.

Somethings look better when they are advertised on TV. The wrestling game may turn into a colossal disappointment, but it has to be better than watching fat people try to fit through a tiny wall opening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie