Am I Crazy?

Yesterday was a day filled with sports. Of course, Buffalo has the Bills - the worst 4 and o team in the history of the game, and the Yanks had their final day of the season with Mike Mussina going for 20 wins.

I watched the Yanks and truth be told, the Bills are going to get smoked in Arizona next week to start a five-game losing streak.

Mike Mussina is a father of three from a town called Montoursville,PA. He graduated from Stanford in three years with high honors. For the past 18 years he has conducted himself like a gentleman in a sport where he was constantly in view of the limelight. He had never won 20 games - twice before getting stuck on 19. He did it yesterday.

The Bills were playing a sad team and looking to continue their streak of perfection. They were on every other TV in the house, and truth be told, I was checking in on them in between Mussina pitches.

Things were peaceful until halftime when the Bills were down and my sons were slamming things around the house. Matt went running by and Kathy said - "Uh oh, he put on his Lynch jersey."

I suppose that through reading my blogs you understand how I feel about bad behavior and especially Lynch's refusal to issue an apology to the woman he ran down in the street. He not only has not spoken about the "incident" he has gone out of his way to blame the media for making him "look" bad.

I'm sorry - but I don't feel my kid should run around and advertize for this jerk. There are plenty of other people that he is free to admire. Trent Edwards, for one, seems like a stand-up guy. There are about twenty other Bills that I don't have a problem with.

"You're being ridiculous," my wife said after the jersey was safely off Matt's back.
"I'm getting myself a Charles Manson shirt," I said.
"It's not the same, let him root for who he wants."

Sorry! Not here!

Last night, I talked with Matt as he got ready for bed. "I'm glad the Bills won," I said. "But do you understand why I don't want you in that jersey?"
"No," he answered. "I think it's stupid."
"There are plenty of other jerseys you can wear. I just don't think you want to take up the case for someone who behaves badly."
"I'm not getting a Mussina jersey," he said. "I hate the Yankees."

Well, sometimes it's a lot less important to care about the team on the front of the jersey than the name on the back.

Prediction for next week: Arizona 35 Bills 7 - Lynch rushes 32 times for 11 yards.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Do you also ban Giambi, A-Rod, Jeter, Clemens, Boggs, knoblauch and whoever else Jerseys? Upstanding citizens all!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie