Grandma Edna

It turns out The Wall is a big hit with the young crowd. Sam and his friends like to talk about it at school - so I walked into the living room and caught it on the big screen. "What're you doing?" I asked Sam.

"This show is awesome!" he said.

I sat beside him and we watched it together and laughed at the contestants - one was 5'-5" and 275 pounds -try and fit through odd-shapes in the wall. I laughed hard when the big one took half the wall off the center of her forehead and fell into the water. "I told you it was great!" Sam yelled.

The Bills just put the finishing touches on their 2nd win - and everyone is walking around proud as hell. I'm in a weird spot because I declared them dead in their first two games. All right - I'll do it again - they are going to get smoked by Oakland next week.

Derek Jeter tied Lou Gehrig for the most hits ever at Yankee Stadium - pretty cool to watch history being made - although it was halfway through the Bills game I saw Jeter's homer to tie up the Iron Horse - the heart wants what the heart wants.

There is so much to do and just so many hours in a day. We fill our time with sporting events, chasing around golf balls, and laughing at sheer stupidity on television. I bring it all up because Kathy's grandmother passed away at the end of last week. Grandma Edna had 94 years and 11 months of activity. A fine life by any one's standards - kids, grand kids, great grand kids, and great-great grand kids. I would have to go for 50 more years to get there.

I can't see me making it that long, but could you imagine how cynical I might become given that much time?

To Grandma Edna - life is short - even in its longest days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie