Bail Us Out

I get up and go to work every day. Most of my friends get up and go to work every day and work weekends and travel and pay too much for gas and try and put a little away for the kids heading off to school, and a rainy day.

Seems like we're in a monsoon now.

How would I fix this? If you borrowed a million dollars to buy a house and you can only come up with a mortgage payment of $500 a month - you probably shouldn't have borrowed so much - give the house back - and buy something you can afford.

If you're running a company and you work 20 hours a week and golf 20 hours a week and then need a golden parachute of say 50 or 60 million - give it back and live like you should have been living all along.

If you are being interviewed by Katie Couric and don't know the answer to a fairly elementary question do like I did in high school and answer all around the answer - just drop little tidbits of truth in and stumble around until the right words hit you - try not to say - "I'll get back to you." Stumbling and bumbling around in a speech is an art form - Bush did it for 8 years and a lot of people want to have a beer with him.

Oh, I got off on the wrong subject...

If you want to have a meeting to solve a crisis don't invite two people who you know are going to fight to the meeting. It reminded me a little of a newly divorced couple bringing their new love interests to discuss how to divide up the marital assets. How is that not going to end in a fight?

McCain has to look presidential; Obama has to look presidential. Each needed to distinguish themselves at a meeting that had nothing to do with their campaign. Hell, if they wanted to look presidential all they had to do was put Bush between them.

As I've said. I don't feel educated enough to talk on Wall Street - I never even saw that movie - it just seems to me that it's a real bad sign when a bank a day closes down. The bank closed in It's a Wonderful Life and Jimmy Stewart made out okay - perhaps!

Seriously, there can't be too many people feeling too comfortable right now. It makes getting your ass out of bed more difficult if the future you're seeing is one of doom and gloom. I don't really remember it being this dire when I was a kid, but as an adult I feel the strain.

Someone bail us out, huh?

Comments

deafjeff said…
Don't worry, the Chinese are on it.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie