Weird Break

Had 4 days off, which promised real rest.

I slept horribly each night!

Went to bed tired at 11:00 each night and was up by 5:00 every morning.

Threw 1,200 passes for Ollie in the muddy conditions and the frozen tundra at Camp Clifford.

He caught at least 1,140 of those.

Wanted to play more!

The Bills coughed up another game - which matters little to me - but it’s all consuming for the community and impossible to ignore - yet everyone complains about the product that is the NFL - bad officiating, confusing rules, players getting maimed, possibly rigged or scripted…

…but everyone keeps watching!

The Jets-Dolphins game on Black Friday cost Amazon $100 million.

It was a horrific sporting event (I didn’t watch but heard the score).

It will break a viewing record.

I mentioned it to my son, who also wasn’t watching, but was interested in following the game on his phone.

“Have to keep an eye on it,” he said. “For fantasy.”

Or to bet it.

You can bet on every damn thing now.

First score, final score; who scores, when they score and if the officials might throw a flag to wipe out the score to ensure that the score ends up close to the spread chosen by Vegas.

Amusing ourselves to death.

But…

…back to work for a couple of days before a week of vacation in a spot warmer than this.

I’m happy for the routine to return for these next 48 hours, and then hope true rest comes.

Ollie will miss me.

And the boys will have to hold down the fort.

At least the Bills don’t play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie