Happy Thanksgiving πŸ¦ƒπŸ

Got it all started on Wednesday afternoon.

My memories of Thanksgiving’s as I grew up had a lot to do with my Mom’s homemade stuffing. 

Was always perfect.

Mom is no longer the chief chef - she earned her retirement and thankfully, she shared the recipe. 

By 8:00 last night I’d tried it. A reasonable facsimile, for sure, and will work well with the gravy.

Then I got the brine ready for the turkey, and put it there to marinate.

Decided that stuffing a few peppers wouldn’t put me out too much and I ate two of those as well.

There’s still plenty to do today to get things ready, but we are laying low and I will have enough food for twenty to feed the four or five of us.

As I was strolling around the grocery store I saw the display of celery and there was a can of that spray cheese.

I couldn’t resist.

We always had that set out before dinner.

Got that ready too.

Ate a few pieces.

There’s a lot to be thankful for. We made it through the year…

…not completely healthy…

…but still here.

A few days to rest, family, and plenty of Ollie time.

Hope your day is great!

May the turkey be moist and the stuffing on point…

…mine will be better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie