Look Around


What a great tree, right?

I get to go to some cool places for work, and my office is the entire outdoors…

…which is really great for most of the year, and truly miserable in January and February.

I have a contractor doing work at Lake Erie State Park. I’d never been to that park before.

It’s in Brocton, New York and, as you can see, there’s a great look at Lake Erie.

It was the tree that caught my eye.

I once climbed a tree at a girl’s house and then got scared when I was up there, and put on a real scene before being rescued by a buddy.

I wasn’t going to try and climb that tree, but I thought about how fun it might be to sit on one of the limbs.

It was a bright sunny day here in Western New York and at one point I saw a temperature of sixty degrees.

On November 15th!

Yet, the weather wasn’t the deal.

It was about the fact that I stopped, midway through the job audit, and looked around a little.

There’s something about the water, the sun, the horizon, and the small breaking waves that allow for a moment of clarity.

And it’s just a tree, right?

They’re all over the place!

Man, it’s magnificent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie