Like A Real Man

Yesterday was busy.

A lot to do before we have our little vacation, and on Sunday night I tried to schedule Monday with Kathy…

…who is a bit leisurely when it comes to schedule-making.

Up and out early on Monday and forgot to work on a 2:00 session that I also missed sending an email out on.

I was still okay - I could head home and send out the email on the way to somewhere else.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Running Sam to work,” she said.

I knew that.

“And then?”

“Coming home.”

“And then?”

“I’m going to see where the day takes me?”

I laughed. Stepped past.

“Where’s this water coming from?”

Stepped into a small bathroom at the basement level.

I splashed.

“Oh boy!”

Looked down to see a dangling hose.

Now, here’s the thing:

I know nothing about fixing anything!

I knew enough to shut the water off, and thought about calling a plumber. Then, I looked at the dangling hose. 

Maybe I could replace that!

I grabbed the thing and went to the hardware store. Stopped in the plumbing aisle and grabbed something that looked like what I was holding.

I needed confirmation from someone smarter.

“Yeah. That’s it,” the busy worker disgustingly said.

I headed home and looked for a wrench that might work (took a while - I don’t have tools per se).

Got soaked after trying to turn back on the water the first time, but got it.

Kathy had been working the phones, trying to find someone to help.

“It’s fixed!” I exclaimed. “I did it.”

“Wow, like a real man,” she said.

I headed back out…

…there was a snowstorm…

…derailed everything!

At the end of the day we had completed all tasks.

“Well, it worked out,” I said.

“Yep. Just see where the day takes me.”

Bah!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie