Days Off Coming

As I was on the way to work on Friday I did some quick math.

Over the next 18 days…

…I’m only working 5 of them.

Which will be extremely weird.

A 4-day weekend for Thanksgiving and then a quick couple of work days and a week off where we will actually leave town and I may bring my clubs because a buddy will be in the neighborhood.

To say that I’m limping into this little break is a huge understatement.

I had a 4-hour training session on Friday afternoon, and while I usually get energized by speaking in front of 50 people, I was irritated by the fact they didn’t have any food at a meeting that started at noon!

It took me a good 20 minutes to get into the material and despite the fact that I can tell the jokes in all the right spots, I was mailing it in a bit.

Which reminded me that it’s time for a break.

Construction work is a long, long season. There is always work taking place in the Buffalo area, and while there was a time when things slowed down a little…

…the middle of November just seemed to show up!

And then, on the way home, I heard the 3 worst words that can be uttered around these parts:

“Lake Effect Snow.”

Last November we were blasted by a huge storm.

Got another on in early December and then Christmas was literally postponed.

Days off!

As the kids say:

“Let’s Go!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie