John’s Birthday & The Night Before

My brother is 60 years old today.

It’s a weird thing when he’s the dude you played ball with when you were 3 years old. I can still see flashes from those days.

Sixty!

Time waits for no one.

And we talked about the plans for Thanksgiving.

My boys are off today.

“A lot of people hit the bars the night before Thanksgiving,” Sam said, as though they invented it.

“Really? I never did. I would go straight home after work and see if my Dad needed any help getting things together.”

They all laughed.

The night before Thanksgiving was always an event.

Until I figured out that it’s better to rest up and enjoy the actual holiday.

Got old!

Happy Birthday to my brother - 60 years since Kennedy was shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie