Let’s All Go to the Movies

I distinctly recall the first movie that we were able to order and watch on our television set in the comfort of our home.

Was ‘Waterworld’ with Kevin Costner - it was a widely panned movie but I remember liking it. Perhaps because I was on my couch watching it.

I was simply amazed!

I could watch a movie without having to go to a theater????

And now?

I can’t even remember the last movie I saw in a theater. It’s been a long, long time.

The weather was brisk. I played ball with Ollie, but I was worn out from a long work week.

Didn’t move much.

We watched a few movies.

There are now a million movies to choose from. 

The first one of the weekend was called, ‘Get Wheaties’ and about ten minutes in, I was a little skeptical. The protagonist was really goofy, and the premise was that he went to college with the actress Elizabeth Banks.

He told all his friends that he knew her and then he reached out to her - about a thousand times - and got in trouble for stalking.

By the end, I was smiling non-stop. 

Two 👍 up!

On Saturday night, we did a complete 180.

We watched the Netflix movie, ‘The Killer’.

There was a point when I had to get up to let Ollie out.

Was hard to take my eyes away from the screen.

The subject matter was pretty deep, and it always concerns me when I find myself rooting for a character who should be despised…

…but I was on his side, for sure.

Life sure is different these days.

Ordering a movie with a couple of clicks of the remote.

I’m wondering if ‘Waterworld’ is available anywhere.

Might just have to check it out again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie