Now & Then

It’s kind of funny, but the new Beatles song, ‘Now & Then’ has displaced The Rolling Stones at the top of the charts!

Mick had to be thinking:

“Are you freaking kidding me?”

And I don’t know, but I wasn’t expecting all that much when I heard rumors of the Beatles coming up with a new song. 

Lennon had laid down vocals about 45 years ago, and McCartney unearthed them and decided to talk to Ringo about carving out a tune.

It worked!

I downloaded the song and Lennon’s vocal was crystal clear and it made me instantly sad as I considered all the music that we missed out on.

Lennon was a great songwriter, of course, and we were all robbed when he was gunned down.

But there was one last song.

And the song instantly went to number one and thinking about the Stones - who released a brand new album - as they got the news that the Beatles soared by them…

…it’s kind of funny.

Yet, thinking about all those guys, and the remarkable lives they lived…

…creating music that will be played for a long, long time.

The Beatles debuted on Ed Sullivan in February of 1964.

The Rolling Stones made their first appearance in June of 1964.

I took my first breath in October of ‘64.

And here we are…

…nearly 60 years later.

Now and Then.

It’s a good song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie