Made It

We tried to hustle away from Buffalo this morning. I listened to the news last night:

“An inch of snow later in the day.”

I was glad that we wouldn’t be battling a storm on the way to the airport.

Woke up and looked at Antarctica outside the window.

I hustled.

Loaded up the car, poured coffee, let Ollie out and said a sad goodbye.

Went back to help Kathy.

We made it into the car in decent shape and started the trek to the airport.

Couldn’t travel more than 40 mph for first 10 miles but pulled into long-term parking right next to the shuttle bus.

The driver never budged as I loaded the suitcases and Kathy.

Still doing okay.

We took off.

“My phone!”

I had left it plugged in.

The driver doubled back.

We got to the gate and I went in one lane with two bags and two carry-ons.

Kathy negotiated the line one lane over. I made it through first and had my shoes on.

Ten minutes to spare.

We arrived at the gate and I thought of coffee.

Was adding the milk when my phone buzzed.

“They’re letting me board first,” Kathy said. “Hurry!”

I hustled back - 4 pieces of luggage and 2 coffees. I met up with Kathy as they scanned our passes.

Looked at her for the first time in 15 minutes. She had a bloody mouth!

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“What?”

“You’re bleeding.”

Was just a split lip somehow, but it was a tad much.

Finally…

…settled into our seats.

An empty seat between us.

I was sweating!

She was still bleeding a little.

We laughed.

“We’ll be in the pool in 5 hours,” she said.

Hopefully! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie