Hall Is Suing Oates

I saw a Facebook post of Air Supply singing ‘Sweet Dreams’ - a song that came out in 1982.

It was our prom song. 

I still know all the hokey words.

Immediately after, I saw the photo of Dolly Parton in the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader outfit.

Then I heard a disco version of the Stones new song, ‘Mess it Up’ (great song).

Then finally, I read an article about Hall hitting Oates with a restraining order over the sale of their music.

You couldn’t go a half an hour without hearing a Hall & Oates song back in the 80’s.

Hit after hit after hit.

Their songs were catchy and their videos were kind of painful to watch as they weren’t the greatest actors or dancers, but in a partnership like that I’d assumed that they were thick as thieves.

Turns out they didn’t do all that much in the way of being creative.

They didn’t hang out much, but knew that they could make hit pop songs together.

Like a lot of acts from back then though they took a bit of a beating with their record deal.

I’m not sure that anyone who made music back in the 1960’s, ‘70’s or ‘80’s still believed then they’d have an audience in 2023.

The guys in Journey are all suing each other. Foreigner is touring with zero original members taking the stage.

But you can’t say Hall without Oates.

A restraining order.

Sweet Dreams indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie